Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Do I have to be a member before I can join the sessions
A. No. Non-members can just turn up, there is a £2 per session charge for non-members but the beginners sessions on Mondays are free.
- Q. What sort of running ability should I have
A. There is no minimum ability requirements we cater for all abilities
- Q. Do I need any special trainers or sportswear
A. You will need a pair of running shoes, we have coaches who can offer advice if it is needed. We also have club branded running wear for sale but is entirely up to you what to wear.
- Q. Are there any age limits
A. There is no age limit on the Tuesday sessions, but children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult. Other running sessions are on public highways and may not be suitable for children under 14.
- Q. I have got a place in the London Marathon in a few months can you help me train for this?
A. Our coaches are more than happy to help with individual training plans for any specific goals you have and to give any advice and support needed.
- Q. I have not done any serious exercise for a number of years am I OK just to come along and start running?
A. We would always recommend consulting a health care professional if you have any reservations about you overall health. We encourage people to start gently and build up the effort over a number of weeks. The overall benefits of exercise for your health are well documented.