Name Liz Yates
- Nick Name (if known) - None
- Fave event entered – Too difficult to choose one! Favorites are: London Marathon, Disney Dopey Challenge, Las Vegas Half Marathon (The Strip bit not the back streets!!), and more locally, Worksop Half Marathon, Scarborough 10k, Round Sheffield Run and Manvers Dusk Till Dawn (obviously!)
- Post-Race Food – For a race - immediately afterwards usually something salty, then later on pizza (or fish n chips if it’s a seaside run). For a long training run - a Costa and then some chocolate milk.
- Favorite footwear - Asics Kayano or Asics GT2000
- Pre-race rituals – Getting my full kit ready the night before. For longer races a pint of Guinness the night before. On the day of the race about 5 trips to the toilet in the last half an hour before the race start.
- Fave piece of kit – Montane Mountain Minimus Rain Jacket which has kept me warm and dry in some awful conditions and stayed waterproof for at least 3 years; I’ve just invested in a new one.
- Top tip – improvement will come if you train consistently, but don’t expect to be able to run faster or further if you run just when it suits instead of committing to training every week. Also don’t compare yourself to others, we all have different attributes and abilities and your goal should be to better yourself not beat someone else.
- Fave event spectated at – London Marathon
- Wish list event – Marathon du Medoc